- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- We Suggest:
1 medium, organic chicken (approximately 3½ to 4 pounds)
1 large bunch of green onions
1 piece ginger, approximately three inches long
2 garlic cloves, peeled
2 cups white wine (if you don’t do alcohol, you can sub in chicken stock)
2 cups water
Directions for Corn Soup with Prawn
- Rinse the chicken and pat it dry. Cut the green onions into 2-3 inch lengths and slice the ginger into rounds.
- Season the chicken liberally with salt and tuck half the onions, ginger, and garlic into its cavity.
- Place the remaining onions, ginger, and garlic into a Visions double boiler and place the chicken on top. Pour wine and water into the pot. Add water to the base of the double boiler. The water should not touch the base of the upper pot.
- Set a lid on the pot and bring the liquid to a boil. Once the liquid is rolling, reduce the temperature to medium and steam for 45-50 minutes. Check two or three times during cooking, if it appears that the liquid levels are running low, add some water to compensate.
- Chicken is done when its juices run. Let the chicken rest for a few minutes before carving.