Cherries Chocolate Cake
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- We Suggest:
200g dark chocolate, broken down into pieces
1 teaspoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
2 tablespoons cherry jam, heated until liquid
Chocolate & liquid cream for the ganache, with portions set at 2 parts chocolate: 1 part cream
Cherries- pits removed.
Directions for Cherries Chocolate Cake
- Preheat oven to 180C. Melt the chocolate & butter together, set aside until it cools down a bit.
- In a PYREX mixing bowl, beat the sugar and eggs until mixture whitens, then add the melted chocolate/butter. Add the flour, baking powder and salt- mix well until smooth.
- Transfer batter to PYREX baking dish (fill 3/4 up) lined with parchment paper and bake for 25mins (check with a sharp knife and extend time by 10 mins if needed). Remove from oven, let cool and place cake in freezer for 1 hour- this is to allow easier slicing for later step.
- Prepare ganache: in a pot, heat the liquid but do not let it burn. Remove from heat, throw in the chocolate, cover with lid for 5 mins. Remove lid and stir until smooth and silky.
- Slice cake in half horizontally. On the bottom half, poke layer with a fork and brush over the liquidy cherry jam. Follow with a layer of the ganache and then some cherries. Cover bottom half with the top half, and coat entire cake with chocolate ganache. If you have leftover cherries, use some on top for decoration.
- Refrigerate and serve.