Bubur Pulut Hitam
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- We Suggest:
400g black glutinous rice
250g gula melaka / palm sugar (Shaved)
10 cups water
6 pandan leaves (Knotted)
2 cups coconut cream
1/4 tsp salt
2 Pandan leaves (Knotted)
- Rinse glutinous rice, and soak in overnight in a large pot of water.
- Drain the overnight water and add 10 cups of water in the Corningware Casserole with glutinous rice.
- Bring it to boil, add pandan leaves, and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer for about 50 minutes, occasionally stir to make sure bottom doesn't stick.
- Add gula melaka, and stir until melted and cook for another 10 minutes until rice is soft but still has a chewy bite.
- Remove from heat and fish out pandan leaves.
- Heat coconut cream with pandan leaves over low heat and stir as it heats up in the Corningware Casserole. Do not allow it to boil.
- Add salt, and stir until dissolved, and coconut milk thickens.
- Remove it from heat and fish out the pandan leaves.
- Drizzle the coconut cream over prepared glutinous rice, and ready to serve on a Corelle bowl.