- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- We Suggest:
1 chicken (skinless) – For shredding and boiling the soup base)
2 tbsp oil
Hokkien Mee/ Rice Noodle (Own preference)
1 hard-boiled egg
2 Tofu puff (Sliced into smaller pieces)
Fish sauce (optional)
Ingredients for Spice A
Ingredients for Spice B
Kafir lime leaves
Ingredients for Spice C (for blending)
1 tsp Coriander seeds
1/2 tsp White pepper seeds
8 cloves of Shallot
6 cloves of Garlic
4 Candle nuts
- Blend all the ingredients for Spice C using a food processer.
- Heat up the Corningware Casserole, add in 2 tbsp of oil and fry Spice A followed by blended Spice C and Spice B till fragrant.
- Thereafter, add in chicken, fry for a little while, then add water and leave it to simmer / boil till chicken is cooked for about 25-30 minutes.
- Take out the chicken and start shredding the chicken meat. Return the bone into the pot for more flavourful taste and leave it to simmer for an hour.
- Season with salt and fish sauce (optional).
- While soup is boiling, prepare the Mee Soto ingredients.