Baked Rice Krispies
- Serves: 8
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- We Suggest:
500g rice puffs
1 tablespoon sugar (rice puffs)
50g sugar (meringue)
3 egg whites
2 tablespoons vanilla essence
3 tsp rainbow chocolate sprinkles
- Combine rice puffs, butter and sugar to the Pyrex mixing bowl (or your bowl) and mix evenly
- Place mixture into baking cups, leaving a hollow centre for the meringue. Freeze for 10 minutes
- Whisk egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar in small portions and whisk until stiff. Whisk in vanilla essence.
- Remove rice puffs from the freezer and top with meringue
- Bake at 150 °C for 10minutes. Meringue should be of marshmallow consistency. Top with rainbow chocolate sprinkles.