- Serves: 4 - 6
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- We Suggest:
400g yellow egg noodles
4 tsp sesame oil
100g bean curd, cut into 1cm cubes
2 medium onions, sliced
2 tbsp chopped ginger
Salt, to taste
1 medium potato, boiled and diced
1 tbsp soy sauce
3 tbsp tomato sauce (ketchup)
2 tbsp sambal chili
3 sliced green chili
4 spring onions (scallions), sliced
1 tbsp coriander (cilantro) leaves, chopped
1kg chili paste
300g dried shrimp, soak in water then blend
500g shallots, blend
1 big onion, blend
5 tbsp sugar
3 tbsp gula melaka
1/4 piece of belachan
3 tbsp assam juice
1/2 cup cooking oil
Directions for Sambal Chili
- Blend shallots and big onions.
- Heat cooking oil and fry blended shallots and big onions till fragrant.
- Add chili paste, belachan and dried shrimp and fry till thick for about 30 minutes.
- Add sugar, gula melaka and assam juice to taste.
Directions for Mee Goreng
- Heat the oil in a Corningware Retroflam wokpan and fry the bean curd. When brown, remove from the wokpan and set aside.
- Add onions to wokpan and stir fry for 1-2 minutes. Add eggs and noodles and toss for 3-4 minutes.
- Add potatoes, sesame oil, ginger, soy sauce, bean curd, tomato sauce, sambal chili and green chili. Toss for a few minutes. Season with salt to taste. Add spring onions and garnish with coriander before serving on Corelle plate.