Ondeh Ondeh Pancake with Whipped Cream
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- We Suggest:
115 g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
100 ml coconut milk
1/2 tsp pandan extract (your preference)
Pinch of salt
1 tbsp of sugar (your preference)
1/2 cup shredded coconut
200 g gula melaka
150 ml water
1 pandan leaf
Pinch of salt
Coconut Whipping Cream:
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup caster sugar
1/8 vanilla pod
50 g shredded coconut
Melted gula melaka
Directions for Ondeh Ondeh Pancake with Whipped Cream
- Mix all ingredients for the pancake in a bowl. And set aside.
- For the filling. Heat up water and the gula melaka till melted and thickened slightly. Let it cool down. Once cooled pour into the shredded coconut and stir. Make sure to leave some gula melaka for garnish.
- Use a flat frying pan for pancakes. Add some butter to pan, once melted pour 1 1/2 tbsp of pancake mixture to the pan. Once ½ cooked, quickly put some coconut filling in the centre and flip over to make into a half moon shape. Repeat this steps till done.
- For the whipped cream: Whip up the cold heavy whipping cream with caster sugar and vanilla. Till stiff peaks.
- Toast the 50 grams of shredded coconut in a dry pan till golden brown. And set aside
- For plating, place 3 pancakes overlapped like a fan in the centre of the plate. Spoon some whipped cream on the side of the pancakes. Then drizzle the melted gula melaka on pancakes. And add some toasted coconut on the whipped cream and finally a sprig of mint.