- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- We Suggest:
2 tablespoons olive oil
750g beef mince
1 large onion, chopped
1 large carrot, chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 ½ tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/3 cup tomato puree
1 ½ cups beef stock
4 large potatoes, peeled and chopped
50g unsalted butter
¼ cup milk
Salt and cracked black pepper
¾ cup frozen peas
100g baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
¼ cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C.
- Heat the oil in a Pyrex 26cm Flashpan over medium heat. Add the mince and cook for 5 minutes, breaking up any lumps with a wooden spoon. Add onion, carrot and celery and cook for a further 3-4 minutes until vegetables are just tender.
- Add the Worcestershire sauce, tomato puree and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until the sauce has thickened. Stir through the peas, spinach and parsley.
- Meanwhile, boil the potatoes until tender. Drain, then return to the hot pan over low heat, stirring constantly for a minute to dry out. Mash potatoes well with butter and milk. Season to taste.
- Spoon the mince mixture into a Corelle Light Oblong 1.9L Dish. Layer the mashed potato on top of the mince. Fluff up the potato with a fork to make rough peaks and sprinkle with parmesan. Bake for 20 minutes, until bubbling and golden brown. Stand for 5 minutes before serving.