Corn Soup with Prawn
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- We Suggest:
2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp unsalted butter
1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
1 clove garlic, sliced
1 tsp Dijon mustard
0.5 tsp paprika
2 tbsp plain flour
500 ml vegetable stock, cooled
2 potatoes, peeled and chopped into small cubes
4 sweetcorn cobs, kernels only
300 ml semi-skimmed milk
100 ml single cream
180 g raw peeled king prawns
14 g flat-leaf parsely, chopped
Directions for Corn Soup with Prawn
- Heat the oil and butter in a large pan. Add the onion, garlic, mustard and paprika and fry for about 5 mins, until softened.
- Sprinkle in the flour and stir until absorbed. Remove from the heat and add the stock in batches, stirring after each addition, until smooth. Return to the heat and add the chopped potatoes.
- Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10-15 mins until the potatoes are tender. Add the corn kernels and simmer for a further 5 mins.
- Pour in the milk and cream, then add the prawns. Heat for about 5 mins, without boiling, until the prawns are pink and cooked through.
- Stir through the parsley. Season to taste and serve.