- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- We Suggest:
1 1/2 cups (340g) unsalted butter at room temperature
1 cup (120g) confectioners (powdered) sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 large egg
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 cups (300g) cake flour, sifted
1-2 cups raspberry jam (or apricot or blueberry)
Directions for Jam Cookie
- Preheat oven to (180°C).
- Whisk sugar and cake flour together. Gently sift.
- In a mixer, beat the butter, sugar, and salt together on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 or 4 minutes. Start slow so the powdered sugar doesn't fly up too much. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the egg. Add the vanilla and beat to incorporate.
- Turn the mixer down to low and add the flour, mixing until just barely combined.
- Roll the dough into balls about 1" diameter and place about 2" apart on the baking sheet.
- Make an indentation for regular thumbprint cookies or heartshape.
- Fill each indentation with the jam of your choice – stir it first to smooth it out. Bake for about 10-12 minute, until lightly golden brown around the edges, rotating the baking sheet halfway through the baking time. Allow to cool on a wire rack for a few minutes before removing the cookies from the pan and allowing them to cool completely.
- Serve on Corelle dinnerware