- Serves: 6
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- We Suggest:
1kg lean pork cut in small cubes
1 to 2 tablespoons butter or vegetable oil
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
½ teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
1 bay leaf
1 pinch thyme
1 dozen baby carrots, or 4 to 6 small carrots, sliced
3 large potatoes cut in 1-inch cubes
8 ounces small white boiling onions, fresh peeled or frozen
- Brown pork in a skillet in butter or oil in a CORNINGWARE Casserole.
- Add water to cover and add seasonings.
- Simmer, covered, about 2 hours.
- Add vegetables and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes longer.
- Serve in the CORNINGWARE.
To reduce the fat content of the stew, you may make the soup the day before, chill and scrape off the fat that rises to the top. Alternatively, you can also use an unprinted paper towel to soak up oil from the surface.