Ayam Limau Purut (Chicken Braised In Kaffir Lime Leaves)
- Serves: 4
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- We Suggest:
2 medium potatoes (cut into cubes)
150gm Baba’s Meat Curry Powder
Salt & Sugar To Taste
200ml cooking oil (for frying paste)
50gm buah keras (candle nut)
50gm Red Chilli
1 tsp turmeric powder
30g lengkuas (galangal)
5 nos shallots peeled
10 nos garlic peeled
1 stalk lemongrass, bashed
(Grind the above, except lemongrass, into a fine paste.)
5 limau purut leaves (remove stalk and tear leaves up roughly)
50ml coconut milk
- Wash the chicken and drain dry. Marinate it with 1 tablespoon of curry powder and salt for a while.
- Deep-fry potatoes till half-cooked. Set it aside.
- Heat Corningware Retroflam Wok Pan and add oil. When it turns hot, add chilli paste mix and fry over low heat for about 5 minutes then remaining curry powder till oil emerges. Put in the chicken and fry till the pieces are well coated with chilli paste and potato.
- Add water slowly and bring curry to a boil. Lower heat and simmer, add salt and sugar to taste.
- Add thick coconut milk and bring to a boil. Dish out and serve.