Savoury French Toast
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- We Suggest:
2 cups of milk
1 cup of vanilla extract
3 tablespoons of cinnamon (to taste)
Dash of nutmeg (to taste)
1 loaf of bread 3 tablespoons of butter
- Start by pouring 2 cups of milk in a large bowl. Add in a beaten egg and mix well. Then add vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix the ingredients well together.
- Heat the pan on medium to medium –high heat. Once pan is at desired temperature, melt the butter in the pan.
- In order to prevent the bread from being too soggy, it is best to use your hands for this part. Place one slice of the bread in the mixture, flip it to the other side, and then place it in the pan.
- Let the bread cook until it stiffens and gets a brownish tint on the bottom, then flip it.
- Once the other side of the bread gets the same texture, move from pan and onto plate. Once the French toasts has been plated, you can spread a little butter and syrup on the French toast if desired.