Simple American Goulash
- Serves: 4-6
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- We Suggest:
600g minced beef
1 large yellow onion (chopped)
4 cloves garlic (chopped)
2 cups water
1 large can tomato sauce (about 400g)
2 large cans of diced tomatoes (about 800g)
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons dried Italian herb seasoning
3 bay leaves
1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
1 cup grated cheese
Directions for Simple American Goulash
- Using a Corningware casserole, stir fry the minced beef over medium-high heat, for about 10 minutes, until cooked.
- Put in the onions and garlic. Cook and stir the meat mixture for about 10 more minutes.
- Put in water, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, soy sauce, Italian seasoning, bay leaves, and salt into casserole. Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low, with lid on, simmer for another 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Put macaroni into casserole, mix well.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for about 25 minutes (or until pasta is tender), stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat, discard bay leaves, and serve on a Corelle plate.