Quinoa Vegan Patty
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- We Suggest:
1 cup red quinoa
1/2 cup chopped onions
1/2 cup finely diced red peppers
1/2 cup finely diced green peppers
1/2 cup chickpea flour (besan flour)
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp paprika powder
Salt and Pepper
Directions for Quinoa Vegan Patty
- In a Visions 2.25L versapot, boil quinoa with 3 cups of water for about 12-15mins. Strain after it is cooked.
- Using a Corningware Retroflam Fry Pan, sauté onion, peppers and cumin for about 5 mins.
- In a Pyrex mixing bowl, combine the quinoa, sautéed vegetables, chickpea flour, paprika, salt and pepper. Mix well. Add some water if needed.
- Press the patty mix into a 2.5 inch cake ring or use an egg ring.
- Fry them in a Corningware Retroflam pan with some olive oil until they are brown and crispy.
- Serve on a Corelle plate with salad.
This recipe is low fat, high fibre, vegan, egg-free, cholesterol free, lactose free and gluten free.