- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- We Suggest:
300g Cucumber – cut lengthwise 1 1/2 inch
150g Cabbage – roughly cut into big pieces
50g Carrot – peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch
4 slices of pineapple – cut into 1 1/2 inch
50g Roasted Peanuts – ground
2 tbsp White Sesame Seeds – roasted
1 tbsp Salt
1 tbsp Sugar, or to taste
3 tbsp Cooking Oil
50ml Rice vinegar
6 fresh Red Chilies
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
Directions for Achar
- Mix all the vegetables with 1 tbsp salt. Leave aside in a colander to dry excess liquid for about 30 minutes to get the crunchiness. If you prefer your vegetables to have softer bite, you can skip this step.
- Blend the spice paste in a food processor.
- Heat up the wok on medium heat. Add oil to stir-fry the spice paste until aromatic. Add vinegar and water, bring to boil. Add salt and sugar to taste.
- Turn off fire, add all vegetables, ground peanuts, sesame seeds into the wok and stir well.
- Dish out, let it cool to store in a jar or container. Keep chilled in the fridge. Achar taste best overnight after the flavours have developed. It can last for about 4 weeks.