Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Prep Time:
- Cook Time:
- We Suggest:
(Makes about 4 dozen of 3inch round cookies)
1 cup (226 grams) unsalted butter, room temp
¾ cup (150 grams) granulated white sugar
¾ cup (160 grams) firmly packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
2¼ cups (295 grams) all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
1½ cups (270 grams) semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup (100 grams) walnuts or pecans, coarsely chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) with rack in center of oven. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), beat the butter until smooth and creamy.
- Add the white and brown sugars and beat until fluffy (about 2 minutes). Beat in eggs, one at a time, making sure to beat well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla extract and beat until well mixed. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed using Pyrex Small Spatula.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and beat until well mixed, adding the chocolate chips and nuts (if using) about half way through mixing. If you find the dough very soft, cover and refrigerate until firm (about 30 minutes).
- For large cookies, use about a 2 tablespoon ice cream scoop or with two spoons, drop about 2 tablespoons of dough (35grams) onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for about 12 – 14 minutes using Pyrex Metal Bakeware 17" x 10" Large Cookie Pan, or until golden brown around the edges. Cool completely on wire rack.